Q: Can you upgrade our Communal System to be Sky Q compatible?
A Sky Q ready upgrade is an enhancement to the existing communal system where a DSCR (Digital Single Cable Router – switch containing Sky Q –Ready technology) switch is fitted at the head end (Location of switches and other equipment) allowing anyone that wants Sky Q to be connected. This new switch will work with either Sky Q or Sky+ customers.
Q: How does an IRS System Installation work?
There are 4 main sections of an IRS Installation:
- The Design
- The Roof Works
- The Riser / Internal Works
- Commission and Testing
We will work with your requirements and your budget to produce a system that not only works for you at the moment, but is adaptable with future demands of TV viewing.
- The Design – We will asses the exact amount of Flats / Cables that will require a connection to the system, and provide electronics and set up that will suit.
- The Roof Works – We will provide and install a Satellite Dish and TV/FM/DAB Aerial to enable a wide range of choices for your future clients.
- Riser / Internal Works – Some form of Electronics (dependent on requirements) will be installed with the capacity required to enable easy connectivity and viewing for all.
- Commission and Testing – We will provide you with a detailed IRS Certificate for your records, showing a number of individual signals both at the head-end location and in certain flats.
Q: We only have a small number of flats, would an IRS system be beneficial?
There is not a minimum or maximum requirement for an IRS System, a standard multi switch can come with as little as 8 outputs.
The benefits of an IRS System are:
- It gives all the occupants access to the free channels and satellite channels they may want.
- Access to Sky TV if the occupants would like this.
- Having one antenna will make the visual appearance of your property development more appealing.
- IRS systems are very reliable and maintenance costs are low.
- IRS systems can easily be integrated with other systems such as CCTV and broadband.
- Having an IRS system will improve the marketability of your property development, because purchasers know that they can just move in and watch TV without having to get an aerial erected.
Q: We have a large number of flats in our building, would an IRS System still be suitable?
Yes, with growing technologies the amount of individual properties running for one IRS system is not limited.
A set of antennae is located onsite at a point of good reception, either on a building or a mast.
Modern fibre-optic systems mean that there is effectively no limitation on the distance from the mast/antennae to individual buildings. This means that a single antennae set can supply thousands of homes, plus any office and commercial buildings on the same site.
Q: Only part of our building is experiencing issues, could this still be the IRS System?
Yes, although most of the block is working correctly, there could be a number of different faults that can isolate a single part of the building.
We would usually advise arranging for a Diagnosis Visit to be preformed and access to those flats experiencing issues.
Q: Do you carry all of the relevant checks that we required?
We are registered with:
- CAI (Confederation of Aerial Industries)
- Trust Mark
- We carry full Working at Heights training, are CRB checked and carry the required level of both Public and Employers Liability (all available on request.)
Q: Are your Engineers qualified and fully insured?
Aerials 4U and its Engineers are fully checked, vetted, and fully qualified, our work is regularly checked also.
Q: What kind of warranty do you offer?
Great news, we offer at least a 12 Month Warranty on all installation or upgrades. Were necessary we are also able to offer a 24 month warranty so you know you’re always covered. All materials/equipment that we supply comes with its own 12 Month Manufactures Warranty, unless otherwise stated. *we are not able to offer coverage for an third party interference or weather damage.
Q: Is your work guaranteed?
Yes, we carry £2 Million public liability and £10 Million public liability to ensure that both you and us are covered. This is available to view upon request.
Q: I still have questions, who do I talk to?